A bright and spacious one bedroom flat converted from second floor of attractive period house close to the junction of Prince of Wales Road within easy reach of Kentish Town, Chalk Farm and Belsize Park's multiple shopping and transport facilities. Gas centrally heated. Good storage. Share of freehold. Chain free
Living room 11' x 10'9" Two sash windows. Fireplace
Kitchen-diner 11'8" x 6'7" Fully fitted. Semi open plan
Bedroom 11' x 10'9" Sash window. Fitted cupboards
Bathroom 7'5" x 5'6" White suite
Hallway 8'8" x 3' Plus cupboard. Accessing all rooms
Tenure: Share of Freehold
Service Charge: £100 per month
Council Tax: Band B (Camden Borough)
A common name for a road in 1841 since the birth of the Prince of Wales, the future Edward VII.
Prince of Wales Road runs roughly east to west from Kentish Town Road NW1 to Haverstock Hill. It's a long main road separating postcodes NW1 and NW5. The roads to the south are considered part of Camden Town. Prince of Wales itself is considered to be in Kentish Town as it is the first road within postcode NW5.
Styles of architecture swap and change from section to section but it's mostly Victorian. Many of these houses are rather grand and a whole variety of trees line each side of the street, such as whitebeam, ash, birch, Norway maple, cherry and plane.
Framing the entrance at Kentish Town Road, the University of North London complex, built in 1929, has been converted in recent years into luxury flats. At the time, these warehouse-style conversions fetched the highest prices per square meter for this area.
Further down the road, three storey period terraced houses face a terrace of four storey white stucco houses. Most have these have been converted into flats. South of here are Healey Street and Hadley Street with smaller houses and in contrast to grander architecture in Willes Road, a turning to the north. Continuing west, the road passes beneath a railway bridge with a small row of shops beyond. Towards the junction with Malden Road, four storey period terraced houses face three pairs of rather impressive white stucco semis.
The most attractive row of houses, in my opinion, are found beyond this at the most western end of the road. They are flat fronted terraced houses with segmental lintels and some have balconies with the original ironwork. Other interesting buildings are the swimming baths at the junction of Grafton Road and a church with Doric columns now used as the London Drama Centre.