UNDER OFFER

Pangbourne, William Road, NW1

£550,000

A bright and spacious two double bedroom garden maisonette with private entrance at street level on the lower two floors of a four storey purpose built block, quietly located within easy reach of the West End's shops, restaurants, multiple transport facilities (six different tube lines and a national rail terminus) and within moments of the wide open spaces of Regent's Park. Gas centrally heated. Double glazed throughout. The flat benefits from its own private South facing garden.

Living room 15'2" x 12'8" Parquet flooring. Door to Garden
Kitchen 12'5" x 6'6" Fully fitted
Bedroom 12'8" x 10'3" Overlooking garden
Bedroom 12'8" x 9'9" With built-in cupboard
Bathroom 5' x 5' White suite. Tiled
Separate w.c. 5' x 3' White suite
Entrance hall 12'4" x 5'11" Open to staircase. Under stairs cupboard
Upper hallway 8' x 5'10" Open to staircase
Garden 34'8" x 14'3" South facing. Mainly lawn

Tenure: Leasehold 94 years
Ground rent: £10 p.a.
Council tax: Band C (Camden Borough)
INTERACTIVE FLOORPLAN

PROPERTY LOCATION

STREET INFO

For almost a century this area served as London’s hay and straw market until it was closed during the 1920s. A branch of the Regent’s Canal ran north of Robert Street forming Cumberland Basin and Robert Street and neighbouring roads were flanked with terraced houses. In the early twentieth century the area became popular with artists. Walter Sickert, who lived nearby in Mornington Crescent, had his studio in Robert Street in 1894. Due to its close proximity to Euston and Kings Cross Station, the area became popular with the Luftwaffe during the Second World War and Robert Street suffered severe damage from aerial bombing. In the early 1950s it was decided that the remaining buildings be demolished and redeveloped. Thirty two acres of land surrounding Robert Street, which became Regent’s Park Estate, was sold by Crown Estate to St Pancras Council and building began in 1954. Initially 245 flats and six shops and three blocks of 11 storeys were built, all faced with yellow stock brick, designed by the Davies and Arnold partnership. Today these blocks include Borrowdale, Derwent, Newby, Rydall Water and Woodhall. Demographically, it’s unlike most council estates with the ethnic mix you’d expect to find in an inner London borough and a more elderly population, but in recent years, according to one sample survey, one in five of residents are over 60 and a quarter of the estate’s homes are now privately owned.