A bright one bedroom garden flat converted from an attractive period end of terraced house conveniently located within easy reach of Chalk Farm, Camden Town and Kentish Town's multiple shopping, entertainment and transport facilities. Chalk Farm tube station is just moments away. Gas centrally heated. Good condition throughout. Private patio with steps leading to attractive shared south-facing garden. Share of freehold. Chain free
Living room 15'9" x 9'8" Double doors leading to patio
Kitchen 10'6" x 5'8" Fully fitted. Door to patio
Bedroom 12' x 10'2" Sash window
Bathroom 7' x 5'9" White suite
Shared garden 36' x 15' South facing mainly lawn, leading to:
Private Patio 10'6" x 10'1" Fully paved
Tenure: Share of freehold
Service charge: £110 p.m. includes building insurance
Maintenance: 20% of outgoings
Council tax: Band C (Camden Borough)
A common name for a road in 1841 since the birth of the Prince of Wales, the future Edward VII.
Prince of Wales Road runs roughly east to west from Kentish Town Road NW1 to Haverstock Hill. It's a long main road separating postcodes NW1 and NW5. The roads to the south are considered part of Camden Town. Prince of Wales itself is considered to be in Kentish Town as it is the first road within postcode NW5.
Styles of architecture swap and change from section to section but it's mostly Victorian. Many of these houses are rather grand and a whole variety of trees line each side of the street, such as whitebeam, ash, birch, Norway maple, cherry and plane.
Framing the entrance at Kentish Town Road, the University of North London complex, built in 1929, has been converted in recent years into luxury flats. At the time, these warehouse-style conversions fetched the highest prices per square meter for this area.
Further down the road, three storey period terraced houses face a terrace of four storey white stucco houses. Most have these have been converted into flats. South of here are Healey Street and Hadley Street with smaller houses and in contrast to grander architecture in Willes Road, a turning to the north. Continuing west, the road passes beneath a railway bridge with a small row of shops beyond. Towards the junction with Malden Road, four storey period terraced houses face three pairs of rather impressive white stucco semis.
The most attractive row of houses, in my opinion, are found beyond this at the most western end of the road. They are flat fronted terraced houses with segmental lintels and some have balconies with the original ironwork. Other interesting buildings are the swimming baths at the junction of Grafton Road and a church with Doric columns now used as the London Drama Centre.