A bright and extremely spacious (91 m2) three bedroom second and third floor maisonette in the heart of Camden Town and within moments of multiple shopping and transport facilities. Camden Town and Mornington Crescent tubes as well as Kings Cross/St Pancras mainline and Eurostar Stations are within walking distance. Gas central heating. Large kitchen diner. Excellent storage. Chain Free
Living room 16'2" x 13'7" Full width windows
Kitchen diner 10'1" x 9'9" Fully fitted with ample dining space
Bedroom 14'8" x 10'3" Full length fitted wardrobes
Bedroom 13'7" x 9' Plus built-in wardrobe
Bedroom 10'1" x 6'9" Plus built-in wardrobe
Bathroom 9' x 5'6" White suite. Window
Guest wc White suite. Window.
Understairs storage 11'2" x 3'7"
Tenure: Leasehold 97 years
Ground rent: £10 p.a.
Service charge: £102 per month. Includes buildings insurance
Council tax: Band D (Camden Borough)
Charles Pratt, the first Earl of Camden (hence Camden Town) was also titled Viscount of Bayham. The street appears on maps as early as 1804 although, with the exception of the alms-houses built 1818, most of the period houses are Victorian.
Bayham Street is a busy one-way main road running south east from the centre of Camden Town, connecting Camden Road with Crowndale Road with Camden Town tube station at the top and Mornington Crescent at the bottom. It runs parallel to Camden High Street.
It's a mix of modern and old buildings, some commercial and some residential and flanked either side with whitebeam, ash and Norway maple trees. Terraces of four-storey period houses rub shoulders with modern developments of commercial buildings and local authority maisonettes. Some of these period houses are in good condition, others in need of refurbishment. Many have been converted into flats. The local authority housing varies also, such as large yellow-brick blocks such as Darfield, Ravenscar and Westerham offer a range of flats. Many are maisonettes with secure parking and patio gardens.
Commercial premises range from high tech to archaic, restaurants to mechanical workshops. Up until recently, one company supplying piano parts had been here since 1883, when the whole area was famous for this industry. Talking of famous, number 141 occupied the site where Charles Dickens lived (No.16,now demolished)