A bright and characterful one bed flat (currently used two bed) on first floor of shop-fronted terrace in the heart of Camden Town within moment of Regent’s Park and Camden Town tube station. Gas centrally heated. Good condition throughout. Vacant. Chain Free, Please note the wooden-framed conservatory is built over an unofficial roof terrace and is not therefore demised. The flat has recently been rented for £23,000p.a.
Living room 13'2" x 9'3" Large window. Stripped wood floors
Kitchen diner 13'7" x 8' Fully fitted. Ample dining space.
Bedroom 12'3" x 6' To rear. Stripped wood floors
Bathroom 7'1" x 4'6" White suite, roll-top bath. Window
Hallway 11'8" x 3' Accessing all rooms. Window
Tenure: Leasehold 84 years
Ground rent: £100 p.a.
Service charge: £560 p.a. Includes buildings insurance. Common parts cleaning, entryphone etc.
Council Tax: Band D (Camden Borough)
Originally Parkway was a muddy track leading to open countryside to the centre of Camden Town appropriately named Slipshoe Lane. From the time when the Prince Regent created the park it was named Park Street and then since 1937 Parkway.
It descends from the junction with Delancey Street and Regent's Park Road in the north (WRONG, it descends from the junction of Park Village East, Prince Albert Road and the Duke of Albany “Gastro Pub”). On the opposite side sits North Bridge House Preparatory School . It’s many impressive architectural features hint at its former life as a convent. Parkway crosses Albert Street and ends at the junction of Camden High Street. Consisting of mainly period shop-fronted terraced houses and occasional Sycamore and Norway Maple trees. Parkway has everything a Camden street should have. There is a terrific feeling of light and air from Regent's Park and the open views afforded by the railway line. There is historical perspective in that one of its oldest shops, Palmers Pet Stores with its listed status facade (for being of special architectural or historic interest), was established in 1918, now a lovely bakery/tea and cake shop. The cinema, now owned by Odeon, was an original Art Deco picture house when it opened its doors in 1937. There's a modern buzz from the architecture where Design House stood once at the end of the street, not to mention the multiple restaurants, pubs, useful shops, including a vintage record shop and a place for pretty home wares. And, as you probably want to buy into this version of Camden Town, there are wall-to-wall estate agents, the most interesting of which of course is housed in a double decked bus, just around the corner in Arlington Road.
It takes 4 minutes 25 seconds to walk the length of Parkway. Using our stop watch we timed a further 15 seconds to cross Camden High Street to Camden Town tube station (Northern Line).
Dublin Castle where Amy Whitehouse took time off from superstardom to occasionally served behind the bar.
Madness played their first proper gig
Early mornings could be brightened up by the impressive sight of the Household Cavalry excercising their horses with a long line down down Parkway
Ladies Public toilets at the foot of Parkway was probably the first public women’s toilet in the capital. And it came about because the great dramatist George Bernard Shaw argued for hours to convince his fellow councillors – then known as “vestrymen” – in the St Pancras local authority at the start of the last century that a toilet specially designated for women was essential in Camden Town.