A spacious one bedroom first (top) floor flat surrounded by trees and with well kept gardens. Quietly located within moments of Chalk Farm's multiple shopping and transport facilities. Belsize Park with its tube and restaurants is close by as is Primrose Hill. The flat has a good sized Kitchen (diner) and bright bathroom. Gas central heating, double glazed throughout, entryphone. Chain free.
Living room 12'6" x 11'2" Bay window overlooking gardens. Fireplace
Kitchen diner 10'2 x 8' Fully fitted
Bedroom 10'7" x 9'3" Overlooking gardens
Bathroom 7' x 6'6" White suite. Window
Tenure: Leasehold 109 years
Ground rent: £10 p.a.
Service charge: £166 per month. Includes buildings insurance
Council tax: Band B (Camden Borough)
A common name for a road in 1841 since the birth of the Prince of Wales, the future Edward VII.
Prince of Wales Road runs roughly east to west from Kentish Town Road NW1 to Haverstock Hill. It's a long main road separating postcodes NW1 and NW5. The roads to the south are considered part of Camden Town. Prince of Wales itself is considered to be in Kentish Town as it is the first road within postcode NW5.
Styles of architecture swap and change from section to section but it's mostly Victorian. Many of these houses are rather grand and a whole variety of trees line each side of the street, such as whitebeam, ash, birch, Norway maple, cherry and plane.
Framing the entrance at Kentish Town Road, the University of North London complex, built in 1929, has been converted in recent years into luxury flats. At the time, these warehouse-style conversions fetched the highest prices per square meter for this area.
Further down the road, three storey period terraced houses face a terrace of four storey white stucco houses. Most have these have been converted into flats. South of here are Healey Street and Hadley Street with smaller houses and in contrast to grander architecture in Willes Road, a turning to the north. Continuing west, the road passes beneath a railway bridge with a small row of shops beyond. Towards the junction with Malden Road, four storey period terraced houses face three pairs of rather impressive white stucco semis.
The most attractive row of houses, in my opinion, are found beyond this at the most western end of the road. They are flat fronted terraced houses with segmental lintels and some have balconies with the original ironwork. Other interesting buildings are the swimming baths at the junction of Grafton Road and a church with Doric columns now used as the London Drama Centre.