Cumberland Market, Regents Park, NW1

£650,000

An exceptionally bright and spacious four bedroom flat on the fourth (top) floor of a well maintained purpose built block overlooking the garden square of Cumberland Market. Centrally located and within walking distance of Regent's Park, the West End and close to Warren Street and Great Portland Street Tube stations. Balcony with far reaching views, excellent storage with all rooms accessed from 26' hallway. Lift. Double glazed throughout. Gas centrally heated. Chain free.

Living room 14'6" x 13'6" Sliding doors to balcony
Kitchen 11' x 9' Fully fitted. Door to large storage
Bedroom 13'6" x 10' Fitted wardrobes
Bedroom 13'6" x 8'1" Casement window
Bedroom 12'9" x 10' Door to storage
Bedroom 13'6" x 6'7" Casement window
Bathroom 7'7" x 5' White suite. Window
Guest wc Window
Hallway 26'6" x 3'3" Accessing all rooms
Balcony 9'6" x 3'4" East facing. Far reaching views

Tenure: Leasehold 95 years
Ground rent: £10 p.a.
Service charge: £ 120 per month. Includes buildings insurance
Council tax: Band D (Camden Borough)
INTERACTIVE FLOORPLAN

PROPERTY LOCATION

STREET INFO

For almost a century this area served as London’s hay and straw market until it was closed during the 1920s. A branch of the Regent’s Canal ran north of Robert Street forming Cumberland Basin and Robert Street and neighbouring roads were flanked with terraced houses. In the early twentieth century the area became popular with artists. Walter Sickert, who lived nearby in Mornington Crescent, had his studio in Robert Street in 1894. Due to its close proximity to Euston and Kings Cross Station, the area became popular with the Luftwaffe during the Second World War and Robert Street suffered severe damage from aerial bombing. In the early 1950s it was decided that the remaining buildings be demolished and redeveloped. Thirty two acres of land surrounding Robert Street, which became Regent’s Park Estate, was sold by Crown Estate to St Pancras Council and building began in 1954. Initially 245 flats and six shops and three blocks of 11 storeys were built, all faced with yellow stock brick, designed by the Davies and Arnold partnership. Today these blocks include Borrowdale, Derwent, Newby, Rydall Water and Woodhall. Demographically, it’s unlike most council estates with the ethnic mix you’d expect to find in an inner London borough and a more elderly population, but in recent years, according to one sample survey, one in five of residents are over 60 and a quarter of the estate’s homes are now privately owned.